(Partner) Prior to co-founding Cole-Frieman & Mallon LLP, Bart worked for a boutique law firm focused on the investment management industry. His career has been focused on helping investment managers start and grow their businesses and he provides comprehensive support to firms throughout the country. His practice centers around forming domestic and offshore hedge funds, private equity funds, and other types of pooled investment vehicles. He also provides advice on management company operational issues, separately managed account structures, as well as registration and compliance matters. He has held a number of exam licenses including: the Series 3, Series 7, Series 24, Series 34, Series 63 and Series 65.
Bart also created and runs the Hedge Fund Law Blog and has been quoted in a number of high-profile industry publications including the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Compliance Update, and Absolute Return + Alpha.
- Gillett, Mottern & Walker, LLP
- B.A., University of Washington
- J.D., Emory University School of Law
- "Dodd-Frank and the Impact on the Asset Management Business" Moss-Adams Financial Services Executive Conference, San Francisco, CA, September 26, 2011
- "Rules, Regulations and Your Revenue" NIBA Spring Conference, New York, NY, April 20, 2011
- "Growing Your Hedge Fund in 2011" San Francisco, CA, April 5, 2011
- "Preparing for Compliance with the Investment Advisers Act" Sage Tree Seminars Panel, San Francisco, CA, January 27, 2011
- "Internet Social Networking" CTA Expo, Chicago, IL, November 3, 2010
- "To tweet or not to tweet..." Futures Magazine, August 2011
- "How will the Proposed Swaps Regulations Affect IBs?" NIBA Newsletter, June 2011